In the event of a fire, remember time is the biggest enemy and every second counts!
- Escape first, and then call for help. Develop a home fire escape plan and designate a meeting place outside.
- Make sure everyone in the family knows two ways to escape from every room.
- Practice feeling your way out with your eyes closed.
- Never stand up in a fire, always crawl low under the smoke and try to keep your mouth covered.
- Never return to a burning building for any reason; it may cost you your life.
- Finally, having a working smoke alarm dramatically increases your chances of surviving a fire.