Hwy 10 at Sunfish Lake Blvd Projection
Oppidan - 8367 Bunker Lk Blvd
O'Reilly Auto Parts - 7248 Sunwood Dr NW
Sapphire Apartments - 7555 145th Ave NW
PSD/BLIP 4 - 8341 147th Ln NW
Oppidan 2 - 8297 Bunker Lk Blvd
Ramsey Storage Center - 14795 Ramsey Blvd NW
Anderson Dahlen Expansion - 7105 Sunwood Dr NW
Gigi's Salon - 7850 Sunwood Drive NW
Suite Living Memory Care - 7007 139th Ln NW
Delta ModTech - 8445 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Hwy 10 at Ramsey Blvd Projection
The mission of Ramsey's economic development efforts is to support our local businesses, grow the city's tax base, foster job creation, and improve the overall quality of life for Ramsey residents. The City has placed an emphasis on encouraging economic development within the City Council's Strategic Plan, the Ramsey EDA's work plan, and the City's Comprehensive Plan.
Current Commercial Projects
Numerous commercial projects are currently in process or have been completed in the City. For specific project details, see City Council, Planning Commission & EDA agendas & minutes. Specific project questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALDI A purchase agreement was approved by the City to build a 20,664 SF grocery store on 2.83 acres in the COR located near the intersection of Sunwood Dr and Armstrong Blvd. Final step before groundbreaking includes approval of a development agreement. Construction is tentatively planned for Fall 2023 with an opening date of Spring 2024.
- Home2Suites by Hilton Hotel Site plans have been approved for a 98-unit 4 story hotel to be located at 7895 Sunwood Dr NW. Construction is scheduled to begin later in October 2023 with a completion date of October 2024. There is room for future expansion and/or the addition of restaurant/retail space. Groundbreaking took place on October 5th. Read full press release.
- Jam Hops A purchase agreement for BC Nolby LLC (Jam Hops) has been approved by City Council to build a 22,000 SF recreational facility on 4.14 acres located at 14165 Ramsey Blvd (near the intersection of Ramsey Blvd and Highway 10). Next steps include site plan submission and approval by the Planning Commission. Construction is planned for Fall 2023.
- Lil Explorers Childcare is a new 16,000 SF daycare facility approved by the City that will be located on the northeast corner of Bunker and Ramsey Blvds, south of Ramsey Storage Center. Construction is underway.
- Norhart Architecture A purchase agreement has been approved by City Council to construct a market rate 200 unit apartment building that includes 5000 SF of retail space with a patio. Planned amentities include on-site staffing, community room, coffee station, fitness center, pet spa & outdoor lounge & pool. Grounding breaking is planned for Spring 2025. More details can be viewed here.
- Northstar Marketplace Construction of a 7,200 SF multi-tenant building at 7912 Sunwood Dr NW is underway. The proposed uses are retail and restaurant with a drive thru along the west side of the building. Location is north of Coborn's grocery store. Tenants are yet to be determined.
- Oppidan Inc is adding three new buildings to Bunker Lake Industrial Park: 111,300 SF and two 147,000 SF facilities (total of 405,000 SF). The project is anticipated to create at least 300 new jobs. Leasing is now available. More information can be found here.
- PACT Charter School Construction has started on the new 73,000 SF secondary school campus with a desired completion date for the 2023-2024 school year. In addition to the school project, 161st Ave will be reconstructed to include a trail. Project details can be viewed here.
- Reliable Holdings (Blue Line Collision) Sale of city property was approved and construction is scheduled to begin in Spring 2023 for a new 10,000 SF facility. The new building will be located at Highway 10 and Dolomite St NW. Plan for completion is Fall 2023.
- Soderholm & Associates A 46,000 SF expansion is planned for this Ramsey business located at 7150 143rd Ave NW. More details on the project can be found here.
- Storyteller Cafe Stories Foundation has purchased a 1/2 acre city lot in the COR and plans to build a 12,000 SF facility that includes a cafe, retail store and apartments with a roof top patio.
- Water Treatment Plant Construction is in progress for a centralized city water treatment facility located near the Public Works campus at 6900 143rd Ave NW. Groundbreaking took place in July. Final completion is expected in August 2025.
Recently Completed Projects
- Anderson Dahlen - the 65,000 SF expansion is complete on the north side of Sunwood Dr just east of Ramsey Blvd. The 45-ft tall facility will accommodate current growth for the company with space for an additional 50,000 SF. The project is anticipated to create at least 40 new jobs.
- PSD, LLC has completed work on their fourth building (67,000 SF) in the Bunker Lake Industrial Park (BLIP) this spring. Integrity Tool & Engineering, Inc has signed on to lease 37,500 SF of the building.
- Gigi's Salon's new 9,700 SF building on the corner of Sunwood Dr and Zeolite St. The new location opened in March 2022.
- G-Will Liquors, located at 5427 Alpine Dr NW, opened a new 12,000 SF building on 3 acres in December 2022. It is located north of Bill's Superette off Alpine Dr & Hwy 47.
- Delta ModTech moved into their new 230,000 sq foot manufacturing facility in August 2020 in Bunker Lake Industrial Park.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts Store 7,800 SF building has been completed and is open at 7248 Sunwood Dr, west of Casey's General Store. An additional 7 acres adjacent to the property is being planned for a commercial/retail development. Potential users could include a small coffee shop, carwash, retail store, financial institution, restaurant and a grocery store.
- Suite Living Senior Living & Memory Care opened in a brand new 32 unit facility in 2021
- Sapphire Apartments completed a 118 unit building in December 2020
- Ramsey Storage Center opened a 125,000 SF climate-controlled storage facility on the corner of Bunker Lake and Ramsey Blvds in 2020.
- West Armstrong Retail is a 15,000 SF multi-tenant retail building at the intersection of Sunwood Dr and Armstrong Blvd that was completed in 2020. Big Adventures Academy opened in October 2021 as the first tenant Additional tenants include Anytime Fitness and Papa Murphy's Pizza.
Check the latest News in Ramsey Economic Development
The City of Ramsey has experienced strong and steady development over the past 20 years. This trend is expected to continue - Ramsey is the second fastest growing city in Anoka County with well over 1,000 acres of developable greenfield land located near the U.S. Highway 10/Armstrong Interchange.
Ramsey boasts two unique developments: (1) The COR is the city's downtown development. This 300 plus+ acre development is a true, transit-orientated, mixed-use, walkable, urban development; and (2) the cities of Ramsey and Anoka also share a 1,000 acre business park, which is home to several Fortune 500 operations, and has created about 15,000 jobs.