Lynwood Subdivision (Lennar Firestation Site)
The City has approved an application from U.S. Home Corporation dba Lennar (the "Applicant") for a Preliminary Plat and Zoning Amendment for the property generally located west and south of Fire Station #1 and identified as PID #20-32-25-44-0003 (the "Subject Property"). There are 12 single family homes along the north and west property boundaries, and 125 attached townhomes throughout the remainder of the site.
The Subject Property is approximately thirty-four (34) acres in size. The Applicant is proposing a residential subdivision that includes a mix of single family lots in the northwestern portion and attached townhomes in the remainder of the Subject Property. The single family residential portion would have a density of three (3) units per acre and the attached townhome portion would have a density of approximately five (5) units per acre. The City Council passed a Comprehensive Plan Amendment to reduce the density of the site from High Density Residential to Medium Density Residential (overall 4 - 8 units/acre). The site is approximately 44.5% open space.
A grading Agreement was approved on November 9, 2021. The Applicant has submitted application for final plat.
- Public Hearing for the Preliminary Plat and Zoning Amendment at the Planning Commission meeting on August 26, 2021 (approved).
- Introduction of Ordinance #21-19 requesting rezoning of property West and South of 15050 Armstrong Blvd from R-3 Residential (High Density) to R-2 Residential (Medium Density), related to the Lynwood Subdivision, at the Ramsey City Council meeting on September 14, 2021 (approved).
- Public Hearing to consider a Variance request for the minimum lot size on September 28, 2021 (approved).
- Public Hearing for a Variance request to the front yard set back on October 28, 2021 (approved).
- Resolution #21-317, regarding a grading agreement, was approved by the City Council on November 9, 2021 (approved).
The Applicant had originally proposed 65-foot wide single family lots in the northwest corner of the Subject Property. After receiving feedback from the City Council, the Applicant has amended the plans to be in unison with the current zoning designation; proposing 80 foot wide lots. The proposed Zoning Amendment retains the R-1 Residential (MUSA) - 80 designation adjacent to the existing rural neighborhood, but does reconfigure the boundary slightly to better match the proposed lot configuration.
Please contact City Planner, Chris Anderson, at (763)433-9817 for any questions.