Ramsey Photo Contest
The City of Ramsey is hosting a Photo Contest in search for beautiful photos from the community. Submit your photos that highlight what you love about life in Ramsey!
Winners of the 2022 Photo Contest will be announced at the City Council meeting in March 2023.
- Entrants must live, work, or attend school in Ramsey.
- The original photographer must submit entries. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
- Minor digital enhancement is allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- Photos must have been taken within Ramsey city limits in the last three years.
- Photos must be appropriate for posting in government publications. If photos contain recognizable faces, you must complete a signed photograph consent form. Such photos that are not accompanied by a photograph consent form will not be considered.
- The City of Ramsey may reproduce photos for City publications, advertising, and/or marketing materials.
How to Enter Your Photo(s)
- Photos must be submitted digitally in a JPG / JPEG or PNG format. Emails received are limited to 50MB (please note that many email clients also have attachment size limits). Multiple emails are allowed if needed.
- Email Photo Contest with digital entries or a link to download the photo.
- Each entry must include the following via email. More than one entry can be submitted at a time:
- Completed entry form(s) (PDF), the form must be completed for each photo submitted
- Photo(s) saved as follows: Photographer Last Name, Photographer First Name, Entry Number
- Photograph consent form (PDF) as needed
- Submissions that do not include this information will be disqualified
- Submissions with professional watermarks or logos will be disqualified
- Each Photo will be submitted without a category and sorted into one of the following categories by the Photo Contest Committee. It is at the Photo Contest Committee's discretion which categories entered photos will be sorted into.
- Nature of Ramsey: Viewing landscapes, plants, animals, weather, etc.
- Parks and Trails: Enjoying parks and trails in Ramsey, highlighting your favorite outdoor spaces
- Industry and Commerce of Ramsey: Displaying diversity of industrial and commercial operations in Ramsey
- Life in Ramsey: Celebrating the community through events, recreation, arts, culture, sports, gathering places, etc.
The deadline to submit photos in the 2022 contest is Saturday, December 31.
A panel of judges will review entries. Photos will be evaluated based on creativity, quality, composition, and expression of the category theme. The Overall Grand-Prize winner will be awarded $100, first place in each of the four categories will win $50, second place in each category will be awarded $25, and third place in each category will win $15. Winning photos will be featured in various City publications.