The mission of Ramsey's economic development efforts is to support our local businesses, grow the city's tax base, foster job creation, and improve the overall quality of life for Ramsey residents. The City has placed an emphasis on encouraging economic development within the City Council's Strategic Plan, the Ramsey EDA's work plan, and the City's Comprehensive Plan.
Current Commercial Projects
Numerous commercial projects are currently taking place or have been completed in the City:
- Lil Explorers is a new 16,000 SF daycare facility approved by the City recently that will be located on the northeast corner of Bunker and Ramsey Blvds, south of Ramsey Storage Center.
- Northstar Marketplace Work has begun for a 7,200 SF multi-tenant building at 7912 Sunwood Dr NW. The proposed uses are retail and restaurant with a drive thru along the west side of the building. Location is north of Coborn's grocery store.
- PACT Charter School Construction has started on the new secondary school campus with a desired completion date for the 2023-2024 school year. In addition to the school project, 161st Ave will be reconstructed to include a trail. Project details can be viewed here.
- Anoka Ramsey Athletic Association Dome This project is generally located west of the Armstrong Interchange at the south end of Ferret St. NW. The project is proposing multiple uses on site to include a sports dome and other commercial uses. Site plan review is in process.
- Oppidan Inc is adding three new buildings to Bunker Lake Industrial Park: 111,300 SF and two 147,000 SF facilities (total of 405,000 SF). Construction of Buildings 1 and 2 are about complete with Building 3 slated for 2023. The project is anticipated to create at least 300 new jobs.
Recently Completed Projects
- Anderson Dahlen - the 65,000 SF expansion is complete on the north side of Sunwood Dr just east of Ramsey Blvd. The 45-ft tall facility will accommodate current growth for the company with space for an additional 50,000 SF. The project is anticipated to create at least 40 new jobs.
- PSD, LLC has completed work on their fourth building (67,000 SF) in the Bunker Lake Industrial Park (BLIP) this spring. Integrity Tool & Engineering, Inc has signed on to lease 37,500 SF of the building.
- Gigi's Salon's new 9,700 SF building on the corner of Sunwood Dr and Zeolite St. The new location opened in March 2022.
- G-Will Liquors, located at 5427 Alpine Dr NW, opened a new 12,000 SF building on 3 acres in December 2022. It is located north of Bill's Superette off Alpine Dr & Hwy 47.
- Delta ModTech moved into their new 230,000 sq foot manufacturing facility in August 2020 in Bunker Lake Industrial Park
- O'Reilly Auto Parts Store 7,800 SF building has been completed and is open at 7248 Sunwood Dr, west of Casey's General Store. An additional 7 acres adjacent to the property is being planned for a commercial/retail development. Potential users could include a small coffee shop, carwash, retail store, financial institution, restaurant and a grocery store.
- Suite Living Senior Living & Memory Care opened in a brand new 32 unit facility in 2021
- Sapphire Apartments completed a 118 unit building in December 2020
- Ramsey Storage Center opened a 125,000 SF climate-controlled storage facility on the corner of Bunker Lake and Ramsey Blvds in 2020.
- West Armstrong Retail is a 15,000 SF multi-tenant retail building at the intersection of Sunwood Dr and Armstrong Blvd that was completed in 2020. Big Adventures Academy opened in October 2021 as the first tenant.
An overview map of all commercial developments can be found here.
Check the latest News in Ramsey Economic Development
The City of Ramsey has experienced strong and steady development over the past 20 years. This trend is expected to continue - Ramsey is the second fastest growing city in Anoka County with well over 1,000 acres of developable greenfield land located near the U.S. Highway 10/Armstrong Interchange.
Ramsey boasts two unique developments: (1) The COR is the city's downtown development. This 300 plus+ acre development is a true, transit-orientated, mixed-use, walkable, urban development; and (2) the cities of Ramsey and Anoka also share a 1,000 acre business park, which is home to several Fortune 500 operations, and has created about 15,000 jobs.
View additional development updates.