COVID NOTE: Ramsey City Hall is closed until at least March 30, 2020. Completed license applications can be put in the drop box located in the South Parking Lot of the Ramsey Municipal Center. Be sure to include all required documents as listed on the application form.
**Effective March 25: Peddler/Solicitor licenses and applications that are "door to door" or "business to business" are currently suspended until further notice. Read notice here.
For Business Registration Certificates, visit the Business Registration page.
Most license applications must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to date needed, some require more time (see application for details). Business licenses and/or ID badges are issued upon application approval by City Council. Refer to City Code Chapter 26 - Licenses, Permits & Misc Business Regulations.
Completed applications should be submitted to the City of Ramsey along with the appropriate application fee & documents to:
City of Ramsey / Attn: Business Licenses
7550 Sunwood Drive NW
Ramsey, MN 55303
- Amusement Center (Carnival Circus) License 2020 (PDF)
- Background Check Information Request (PDF)
- Garbage and Refuse Hauler's License 2020 (PDF)
- Massage Therapist License 2020 (PDF)
- Massage Therapy New Establishment License 2020 (PDF)
- Non-Profit Peddler, Solicitor or Transient Merchant License 2020 (PDF)
- Pawnbroker License 2020 (PDF)
- Peddler, Solicitor or Transient Merchant License 2020 (PDF)
- Second Hand Goods Dealer License 2020 (PDF)
- Special Events License 2020 (PDF)
- Tobacco Sales License 2020 (PDF)
State of MN Liquor License Applications
Complete MN Alcohol & Gambling (AGE) form below and return to City of Ramsey or scan and email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 45 business days before event along with a copy of certificate of liability insurance. The City will process the application, City Council needs to approve and then it will be submitted to the State on behalf of applicant. Refer to MN Statute 340A.404 Subd. 10 for requirements.
All other Liquor Licenses require an AGE Liquor License Application
Business Registration Certificate
The City of Ramsey requires that every business obtain a Business Registration Certificate (BRC) annually in order to operate in the City. Visit the Business Registration page for details & application form. The BRC is processed and maintained by the Ramsey Police department. Contact Jennifer Johnson at 763-433-9889 with any questions.